WILL COUNTY – Members of the Will County Board will vote next week on a measure ending pensions for countywide positions.
"Elected officials should not take the pension. Pensions are for a career not for public servants who can change with each election," board member Steve Balich wrote in an appeal he sent out Friday to Will County taxpayers.
While the Republican majority on the county board already ended pensions for board members, this week's vote will affect the county's elected officials, including the clerk, clerk of the circuit court, sheriff, auditor, treasurer, states attorney, coroner, county executive, regional office of education, and recorder of deeds, Balich wrote.
"Currently these officials receive a salary of $90,000 plus and benefits," his appeal said.
"[County Board member] Mike Fricilone and I did not take the pension, and agree on the statement made by Mike Fricilone at the 8/10/2017 Executive Committee,” Balich wrote.
Asking Will County taxpayers to contact their board members before Thursday night's meeting, Balich said there is no enforcement how many hours they work as they answer only to the public.
"The IMRF the pension plan only requires 600 hours per year which is 11 ½ hours a week with reporting by the elected office holder. Pension double-dipping is another problem," he wrote.
Balich wrote,"PLEASE CALL YOUR CONTACT YOUR COUNTY BOARD MEMBER AND TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WANT ELECTED OFFICE HOLDERS TO GET A PENSION," and listed their names, numbers and emails:
- Steve Balich, District 7 (R-Homer Glen) Phone: 815-557-7196 [email protected]
- Darren Bennefield, District 5 (R-Aurora) Phone: 312-479-8478 [email protected]
- Herbert Brooks, Jr., District 8 (D-Joliet), Minority Leader Phone: 815-726-7080 [email protected]
- Gloria Dollinger, District 10 (R-Joliet) Phone: 815-210-6684 [email protected]
- Mark Ferry, District 13 (D-Plainfield) Phone: 815-436-6119 [email protected]
- Mike Fricilone, District 7 (R-Homer Glen) Phone: [email protected]
- Gretchen Fritz, District 5 (R-Plainfield) [email protected]
- Don Gould, District 6 (R-Shorewood) Phone: 815-744-2669 Phone: 815-725-7665 [email protected]
- Kenneth Harris, District 4 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-605-8751 [email protected]
- Suzanne Hart, District 11 (R-Naperville) Phone: 630-745-7783 [email protected]
- Tim Kraulidis, District 13 (R-Joliet) Phone: 815-999-1917 [email protected]
- Tyler Marcum, District 10 (D-Joliet) Phone: 815-600-3985 [email protected]
- Charles "Chuck" Maher, District 11 (R-Naperville), Majority Leader Phone: 630-357-0585 Phone: 630-642-2616 [email protected]
- Debbie Militello, District 6 (R-Channahon) Phone: (815) 715-1703 [email protected]
- Donald Moran, District 3 (D-Romeoville) Phone: 815-370-2966 [email protected]
- Judy Ogalla, District 1 (R-Monee) Phone: 708-710-3701 [email protected]
- James (Jim) Moustis, District 2 (R-Frankfort), County Board Speaker Phone: 815-469-4907 [email protected]
- Annette Parker, District 9 (R-Crest Hill) Phone: 815-955-9778 [email protected]
- Beth Rice, District 3 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-699-1639 [email protected]
- Cory Singer, District 2 (R-Frankfort) Phone: 815-685-2100 [email protected]
- Lauren Staley-Ferry, District 9 (D-Joliet) Phone: 224-217-8722 [email protected]
- Laurie Summers, District 1 (D-Crete) Phone: 779-279-6883 [email protected]
- Jacqueline Traynere, District 4 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-240-9178 [email protected]
- Ray Tuminello, District 12 (R-New Lenox) Phone: 815-405-8452 [email protected]
- Tom Weigel, District 12 (R-New Lenox) Phone: 815-722-0881 [email protected]
- Denise Winfrey, District 8 (D-Joliet) Phone: 815-722-4220 Cell: 815-258-2403 [email protected]
This is good start,
No pensions for any of the 43,000 Illinois elected officials
Then we need to stop future pensions on public s crurcemployees with a IRA OT 491k as part of their total compensation package, again all new Illinois public sector employees should be on this moving forward, including cops, firefighters, teachers, state workers, municipal employees, etc
If Will County can get this done, I foresee a state-wide movement to this effect.
Yes, let’s have all our elected officials be the jobless, the retired, or the wealthy. Bad policy.
So, Janne, will YOU run to get elected, so YOU can feed off the public largess? Even when you are no longer in public office?
I see few public officials standing on street corners asking for handouts these days, but plenty of them have a hand on my tax revenue!
I have no interest in running for public office. I don’t need the B.S. I like being my own person.
Janne, if you’re not willing to be a part of the solution, then you’re part of the problem.
From all the items you’ve had printed on this site, the problem isn’t that you believe things, but that so much of what you believe IS WRONG.