WASHINGTON – Monday, President Sam A. Cabral announced that the International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO, formally endorsed the campaign for the re-election of President Donald J. Trump.
"President Trump has done more for Law Enforcement in the past two and a half years than was accomplished in the eight years that preceded his election. He has even undone some of the harmful acts of his predecessor<" the group's announcement said.
The union, which represents 100,000 law enforcement officers, then listed how the President has actively made their lives better:
- He signed an order that once again provided law enforcement agencies with life-saving surplus military equipment, especially armored vehicles that have saved the lives of countless police and civilians.
- He directed the Attorney General to develop a strategy that will aggressively prosecute criminals who attack law enforcement.
- He provided more than 100,000.00 dollars to help communities hire more law enforcement officers.
- He championed and signed the Mental Health and Wellness Act that improved police access to Mental Health Service.
- He has resumed capital punishment of Federal Prisoners sentenced to death after a nearly two decades pause.
"He has made our communities safer," the announcement said. "Despite the daily news of violence, murder, and mayhem in the Democratic strongholds of Baltimore as well as Chicago and the absolute deteriorable situation of the cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco, the national crime rate has decreased during his presidency."
The Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale issued the following statement:
“President Trump stands behind and supports our men and women of law enforcement and honors them for risking their own lives every day to keep the rest of us safe in our communities. Too often today, law enforcement officers are treated as scapegoats, when in fact their jobs are incredibly difficult, dangerous, and depend on life-or-death, split-second decision-making.
"This union endorsement of President Trump means a great deal, because not only does the President stand for working people, he also stands for law enforcement.”
Our men in Blue are doing a high risk job.
God Bless You
He provided more than 100,000.00 dollars to help communities hire more law enforcement officers?
So…Enough for one salary?