By Nancy J. Thorner, Photos by Mark Weyermuller -
The Illinois Family Institute's Annual Banquet was held at the Carlisle in Lombard on October 29th, 2021. Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer was the featured keynote speaker that attracted 625 individuals who believe in Faith, Family, and Freedom.
David E. Smith is the Executive Director of IFI and its sister organization, Illinois Family Action. The IFI Mission Statement reads: "Our mission is to strengthen the family and restore traditional Judeo-Christian values to our culture by educating, equipping, and networking men, women, and churches for the battle to protect the family."
We Will Not Be Silenced was the theme of the banquet, also the title of Dr. Lutzer's latest book, which served as the platform for his Keynote Address. We Will Not Be Silence prepares individuals to live out their convictions against a growing tide of hostility.
Pastor Ceasar LeFlore, Master of Ceremonies
Pastor Ceasar LeFlore, Illinois Family Institute's Field Director, served as the Master of Ceremonies. He spoke about a new program undertaken by the IFI, Rescue the Children, which encourages homeschooling. Parents are advised to remove their children from public schools, described as centers of indoctrination, to instead instruct their own children.
An article written by Alex Newman dated 6/22/21, Alliance Seeks to Rescue Illinois Children from Indoctrination, informs of the partnership with Illinois Family Institute and the nationwide group known as Public School Exit (PSE), formed last year by a team of concerned Christian leaders, attorneys, pastors, educators, and advocates. The goal: Facilitate an exodus of as many children into the safe sanctuary of home schools and good private schools.
Alex Newman is Executive Director of Public School Exit, and an award- winning international journalist, educator, and author.
IFI Truth Awards
Pastor LeFlore had the honor of announcing IFI's truth awards given this year. Unfortunately, none of the recipients were able to attend.
Ronald and Natasha Field: Advocates of home schooling.
Pastor Courtney Lewis: Opened up a school this year at his Cornerstone Baptist Church. A video from Pastor Lewis followed.
For Pastor Lewis, Act: 4:20 served as source of great encouragement: "For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."
IFI Executive Director, David Smith
- HB 156: Puts tampons in boys’ bathrooms.
- SB 818: Requires sex ed in kindergarten to include teaching LGBTQ definition and masturbation.
Disturb us, Lord, whenWe are too pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.
- 17: "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace. . ."
- 18: "But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not worship thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."
- God is unpredictable.
- Let God do as He wills. There are times when we don't see God, but we don't have to see Him.
- We can expect persecution to continue and get worse.
- We must learn to stand alone. Our heroes are those who stood against the culture.
- We must fear God more than we fear the fire.
- We must take the suffering of Jesus Christ as a badge of honor.
- It is possible to lose in world but win in the next (Heaven).
- The hearts of people must be changed. Prayer is our only hope.
I stand with you! Excellent piece Nancy!
Friday the IFI had a meeting.
On Tuesday Virginia had an election.
The Values of Friday were implemented on Tuesday.
Ora Et Labora