CHICAGO – While three more states banned abortion in the past week, Illinois remains focused on being the unrestricted abortion center in the Midwest. All the surrounding states have some form of restriction to protect unborn babies.
But in Illinois, US Senator Tammy Duckworth is using Republican challenger Kathy Salvi’s mainstream views on protecting the unborn as a weapon against Salvi, and raising money on Salvi’s pro-life stance.
Here’s verbatim what the radically pro-abortion Duckworth Campaign sent out Thursday:
Our race is heating up now that we have our opponent: anti-choice extremist, Kathy Salvi.
So today, we have FIVE reasons you should chip in $5 to Tammy Duckworth’s campaign. Check it out:
- A Trump ally has called Kathy Salvi a “Great Asset To The Republican Ticket.”
- Kathy Salvi is an ultra-wealthy self-funder who previously bankrolled her own failed campaign for Congress with nearly $1.3 MILLION.
- Kathy Salvi is an anti-choice candidate who opposes abortion rights, even in the case of rape,incest or to protect the life of a mother.
- Mitch McConnell and National Republicans could pour millions into this race if it looks like we don’t have what it takes to defend this seat.
- And if Tammy misses this fundraising goal, we could end up with an anti-choice candidate like Kathy Salvi representing the most fringe view of the far-right, certainly not the wishes of Illinoisans, in the Senate.
If Tammy is going to have the resources she needs to win, then it’s going to take all of us chipping in what we can, when we can. So please, we’re asking:
Republican Kathy Salvi’s views on abortion are similar to those legislatures in surrounding Midwestern states now have in the lawbooks.
Salvi, mother of six and grandmother of three, is proud of her pro-life views and shares endorsements from major Illinois pro-life groups on her website: Illinois Family Action, Illinois Federation of Right to Life, McHenry County Pro Life Victory PAC, and Illinois Citizens for Life, PAC federal.
More at KathySalvi.com –