Written By David E. Smith
Just when you think Illinois couldn’t do more for Big Abortion Inc. than it already has, Illinois Democrats passed a Planned Parenthood “wish list” on the last day of the lame duck session. On Tuesday afternoon, January 10th, the Illinois Senate passed HB 4664 by a vote of 41 to 16.
During the floor debate in the Illinois Senate, Darren Bailey (R-Louisville) read Psalm 139:13-16 aloud in the chamber. It fell on deaf ears. Six other Republican lawmakers rose to challenge the bill, and four of them closed their comments with an appropriate appeal: “God help us.” Watch the 48-minute debate on the IFI YouTube channel HERE.
HB 4664 was then sent to the Illinois House where it passed late at night by a vote of 70 to 39. This version of the bill does the following:
- Allows nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and midwives to perform abortions
- Requires insurance companies to cover abortion pills and hormonal “treatment” and surgery for gender dysphoria
- Allows pharmacists to dispense hormonal contraceptives from a standing order from the Department of Public Health without having any relationship with the patient
- Protects the Department of Public Health from liability from issuing a standing order prescription for hormonal contraceptives
- Allows for disposal of human embryos
- Allows any medical personnel (including therapists and counselors) who have lost medical licenses in another state to practice in Illinois
- Allows doctors, nurses, midwives, etc. who have lost medical license/certification in another state to perform abortions in Illinois
- Prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage for “reproductive” care under that person mentioned directly above
- Makes it very difficult if not impossible to request subpoenas related to “lawful health care activity” (i.e., abortion, “transgender” hormonal treatment and surgery)
Proponents of this legislation have admitted that its intent is to keep policyholders from knowing what immoral procedures and “medical” services their premiums are being used for.
This bill now heads to the governor’s office and J.B. Pritzker is expected to sign it quickly.
Take ACTION: Click HERE to let Gov. Pritzker know that you oppose this effort to expand the abortion industry in Illinois. Remind him to protect the first civil right: the “right to life.” The pro-life community must speak out and let him know that many Illinoisans detest this bill.
You can also call the governor’s Constituent Affairs Help Line Springfield at (217) 782-0244. We must take advantage of every opportunity to make sure that our legislators hear from us on this life-and-death agenda.
Pray that the governor’s heart and mind are convicted of the truth of what abortion is and does to a human being. Pray that voters will hold accountable those lawmakers who voted to once again expand abortion in Illinois. Pray that the evil agenda of abortion cheerleaders would be exposed for all to see.