Fabrizio, Lee & Associates recently completed a survey of 800 likely voters in the 2022 Illinois gubernatorial general election, and it is clear that the Pritzker vs. Bailey race is tightening significantly.
Some key takeaways:
– Pritzker previously was leading Bailey by 10 points in August, but Bailey has chopped that lead in half to 5 in September.
– Among “definite” voters, Pritzker is only up by 3 points, which is within margin of error.
– If you have an option of both candidates, Pritzker’s lead is 3; if you’ve heard of both, Pritzker is up by only 1.
– Bailey is crushing it with independents, leading Pritzker by 12 points.
– Bailey is leading among all men by 2 points, while Pritzker leads with women by 12.
– Pritzker is underwater in both Total Approval (49% Approve vs. 50% Disapprove), and Strongly Disapprove (45%) vs. Strongly Approve (just 18%).
The poll’s margin of error is +/- 3.46%.
The entire survey with additional data is available on the Facebook Page of PBR PAC: https://bit.ly/3oQrYjt