72.5 F
Sunday, October 1, 2023
HomeIllinois NewsShould Americans Give Mainstream Media the Silent Treatment?

Should Americans Give Mainstream Media the Silent Treatment?




Once upon a time, the American people trusted the mainstream media, and vice-versa. Back when Walter Cronkite was the “nation’s newsman,” most Americans felt confident that networks and newspapers reported “the facts” — at least most of the time. Even 20 years ago, a majority of Americans had trust and confidence in the mass media “to report the news fully, accurately and fairly.”

However, in 2018, the relationship between the Fourth Estate and most Americans is on the rocks. How bad is it? Sixty-two percent of Americans now believe that news in traditional mediums such as TV, radio, and newspapers is biased. Furthermore, 70 percent of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum believe inaccurate information on the internet is a major problem.

One might ask why the media would willfully misreport the news, bury the truth, and violate the fundamental ethics of journalism. Several reasons come to mind, but perhaps the most important is “journalistic group think,” which has in recent years risen to a whole new level.

It should come as no surprise that journalists, like educators and entertainers, lean left. But what should surprise (and frighten) most Americans is the degree to which the media toes the liberal line.



- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories


  1. 62% of Americans think the traditional news media is biased. The other 38% are liberals so they love the news media. Americans should not support the traditional news media in any way. They are extremely biased and they don’t even make an effort to be fair. They should be treated with contempt. That’s all they deserve.