1.8 F
Chicago
Friday, February 3, 2023
HomeAmerica FirstBreaking: Former IL AG candidate Tom DeVore Files Lawsuit Against Pritzker’s Assault...

Breaking: Former IL AG candidate Tom DeVore Files Lawsuit Against Pritzker’s Assault Weapons Ban, Seeks Immediate Restraining Order

Date:

spot_img

By Illinois Review

On Tuesday morning, former Illinois Republican nominee for Attorney General Thomas DeVore filed a lawsuit in Effingham County against Gov. JB Pritzker, State Senate President Don Harmon, D, Illinois House Speaker Christopher Welch, D, and Attorney General Kwame Raoul, D, in response to the assault weapons ban that Pritzker signed into law last week.

After the ceremony, Pritzker spoke to the press, where he had a stern warning for conservatives across the state: there will be consequences for not following the law.

Since then, Pritzker has threatened to fire police for not enforcing, what many are calling, an unconstitutional gun ban.

The Illinois State Rifle Association – an organization that Democratic legislators did not consult with when drafting the bill, didn’t mix words either as the bill was headed to Pritzker’s desk for signature, sending out a simple statement that said,

“Challenge accepted. The Illinois State Rifle Association will see the State of Illinois in court.”

In a press release shared exclusively with Illinois Review, DeVore said in announcing the filing of the lawsuit,

“No longer can the citizens sit idly by while bureaucrats destroy the very foundational fabric of our great Republic. It’s an honor of my lifetime to play a role in representing the People against tyranny. Whether it be with the Illinois Supreme Court or the United States Supreme Court, we will continue to seek redress at every available turn until such time as the foundational principles which make this country great are restored to the People.”

An emergency hearing is scheduled for 11:00 am CST tomorrow in Effingham County where DeVore will be seeking a temporary restraining order to restore the constitutional right to bear arms while this matter proceeds through the courts. Links of the documents filed, and shared exclusively with Illinois Review, are included below.

A copy of the Complaint For Declaratory Judgement.

A copy of the Motion for Preliminary Injunction.

A copy of the Motion for Temporary Restraining Order.

Please continue to follow Illinois Review and DeVore Law Offices for more updates as they become available.

Update at 3:30 pm, Jan. 17, 2023:

Sources confirmed that Attorney General Kwame Raoul’s office asked for a one-week continuation, but that request was denied. 

As Illinois Review understands, the hearing is ex parte (one side only) and the Judge can proceed without representation from the Attorney General’s office. The hearing will proceed tomorrow morning at 11:00 am CST. 

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

1 COMMENT